The steps to configure the Internet Explorer (IE) browser settings for Costpoint access are detailed in this section.
This step must be performed on all Windows client workstations that will access Costpoint.
To configure the browser settings for accessing Costpoint, complete the following steps:
1. Open your Web browser, and click Tools » Internet options
2. On the Internet Options screen, click the General tab, and click Settings under the Browsing history section
3. On the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings screen, complete the following:
Check for newer versions of stored pages Select Automatically.
Disk space to use. Enter at least 100 Megabytes (MB).
4. Click OK to close the Settings screen
5. On the Internet Options screen, click the Security tab, and click Trusted sites » Sites.
Depending on your environment, you may need to add your Costpoint 7.0.1 URL under Local Internet instead of Trusted sites.
6. In the Add this website to the zone field, enter http://<IPAddress or ComputerName>, where <IPAddress or ComputerName> identifies your Costpoint 7.0.1 WebLogic application server
or IIS Web server, depending on which server you will be using to access Costpoint 7.0.1
(for example, http://10.2.2.154).
7. Clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box
8. Select the check box, and click Add
SaaS Customer Administrator Guide 27
9. Click Close
10. On the Internet Options screen, click the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Browsing section, and clear the Reuse windows for launching shortcuts check box
11. Click OK to close the Internet Options screen
12. Click Tools » Pop-up Blocker » Turn Off Pop-up Blocker
Disable any pop-up blockers or explicitly allow pop-ups for the Costpoint 7.0.1 URL, such as http://<IPAddress or ComputerName>, where <IPAddress or ComputerName> identifies your Costpoint 7.0.1 WebLogic application server or IIS Web server (for example, http://10.2.2.154).13. Close your Web browser.